Thursday, September 26, 2013

Government Takeover

I recently had a discussion with a student about America and how the government is completely taking over. He was talking all about how technology is giving them access to all of our information. In my opinion, he was being a little extreme. He got into cell phones first. He was saying how the government has every text message or phone call that we have ever sent on file. He also brought up the fact of the camera on our phone. He believes that the government can be constantly watching us through the lens on our phones. He also brought up how the government will soon be controlling everything we do and putting chips in our brain in order to keep track of and control our thoughts. In my opinion, I thought all of his points were a little extreme. How are they going to get the chips in our brain? Sure the government has a lot of control but not that much! The whole phone thing I could understand because that is somewhat true that they do have access to it all. Obviously, the government can find out more than we may want them to but gaining access to your brain is a little far fetched. Maybe I'm wrong and that could actually happen. I guess we will see. The point is as technology is advancing, the government is advancing their information on us. So how far is too far?

No comments:

Post a Comment